APPLICATION FOR THE MAY INTERIM 2017
Please note: this course is pending university approval. Pre-applications are now being accepted for this program.
C&IS IN LOS ANGELES MAY INTERIM 2017 is open to all undergraduates at the University of Alabama. Preference is given to JCM and C&IS majors, but students from across campus who are passionate about filmmaking and want to learn how on-set production works, will be considered. There is no GPA requirement, although a 3.0 GPA is your major (and 2.5 overall GPA) is recommended to be competitive. Ideal candidates for this program have taken some previous courses that have help to prepare them for working in a crew position on a film crew.
Crew positions are by application and will be assigned by the instructor, and are subject to adjustment as production draws closer.
Grip & Electric
Wardrobe, Hair & Makeup Department
Behind-The-Scenes (BTS) Production Crew
To apply for the program, please have the following items prepared:
- Name and email addresses for two academic references, preferably faculty or staff at the University of Alabama
- An unofficial transcript detailing your college coursework (pdf file)
- Short answers to the following questions:
- What interests you about studying in Los Angeles?
- Why do you want to work as part of a crew that will film on location in Los Angeles?
- What crew positions(s) or creative department(s) interest you most? List your top 5 positions or crew departments.
- Are you only interested in the first position on your list to take the course, or are you flexible?
- What courses have you taken or experiences do you have that have helped prepared your for this intensive program?